Sunday 27 August 2017

On the Road at Thunder in the Glens

I headed into Aviemore on 26th August 2017 to watch the 'Thunder in the Glens' motor bike ride-out, part of at Europe's biggest Harley-Davidson rally, organised by Dunedin Scotland Chapter.

I had the good fortune of being in the first car stopped by the Police and asked to wait, to allow the ride-out to funnel back into a single lane as they headed north out of Aviemore. (Honestly, I didn't arrange this with the Aviemore Police!)

So the video below is a single shot from the centre of the road towards the oncoming thousands of bikers as all of them pass.

If you were in the ride-out, then there is a pretty good chance you will be able to spot yourself. I was watching out for biker girl Ellie from my FOLLOW THE DEAD book, but I didn't see her :o)


(It takes 20 minutes for the ride-out to pass)

BTW: There is a fine display of my books in Waterstones Aviemore.